Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Looking down

Elliana casually positioned herself on my bed this morning and crossed her legs as though it was an age-old habit. She then looked at me and announced, "I'm the woman with stilts." This didn't surprise me because her fascination with the woman in stilts was renewed over the weekend when we saw her at a downtown event. My somewhat groggy reply was, "Do you work at the circus?" Again, I'm assuming she'll confirm my suspicion but instead she said, "No, I work at the garage sale." Then, she leaned toward me and tilted her head, as though imparting knowledge, and informed me, "It's like a cafe."

I've decided not to dismiss the comment, but instead, let my mind float. Maybe I've just been narrow-minded in my definition of garage sale...

No comments:

Post a Comment